Tester for lightning rods with ESE
Advanced portable device for analysing INGESCO® PDC.E series lightning rods.
The INGESCO® Advanced ESE Tester constitutes an advanced tool for analysing electronic early streamer emission (ESE) lightning rods. This device has been specifically designed for testing ESE lightning rods from the INGESCO® PDC.E series. It uses advanced test methods for measuring several lightning rod functional parameters.
Several lightning protection standards recommend the realization of periodic inspections of the lightning protection installation and its components. These standards also recommend or stablish the need for conducting maintenance actions after the occurrence of lightning impacts on the lightning protection system. The INGESCO® Advanced ESE Tester permits the execution of an advanced functional analysis to detect any abnormality in the lightning rod behaviour.
- The INGESCO® Advanced ESE Tester requires a good electrical contact between its test leads and the lightning rod terminals. It is a requirement to have direct physical access to the lightning rod to be able to test it.
- This device has been designed and optimized for testing lightning rods from the INGESCO® PDC.E series. Its use for any other type of application, purpose, or for testing any other type of lightning rod is strictly forbidden.
- The INGESCO® Advanced ESE Tester has been designed for indoor applications. Outdoor use is only recommended under good weather conditions (clear sky).
- INGESCO strongly advices that lightning rod tests must NEVER be conducted under stormy or cloudy weather conditions or when atmospheric electrical activity is detected.
Test procedureWARNING:: INGESCO strongly recommends reading the Operators Manual before proceeding to activate this device.
The summarized assay procedure consists of the following steps:
- Connect the INGESCO® Advanced ESE Tester test leads to the terminals of the INGESCO® PDC.E series lightning rod under test.
- Double check for the fulfillment of all safety measures described in the Operators Manual.
- Turn on the INGESCO® Advanced ESE Tester and select the type of test to execute.
- Activate the test procedure.
- Wait until the testing process completes making sure to follow all the safety recommendations described in the Operators Manual.
- Check the diagnostic results presented by the INGESCO® Advanced ESE Tester in the LCD display.
- Turn off the INGESCO® Advanced ESE Tester.
- Disconnect the INGESCO® Advanced ESE Tester test leads from the lightning rod terminals.
|Supported ESE Models:||INGESCO® PDC.E|
|Operating temperature:||-10ºC to +40ºC.|
|Test duration:||1s -to- 30s.|
|Battery type:||9V, IEC 6LR61/IEC 6F22/USA PP3.|
|Enclosure:||Molded ABS plastic, grey colour.|
|Accessories:||Two coloured 1m test leads with alligator clips.|